Saturday, August 16, 2008

Serenity Now!

Today, I have just returned from meeting the buyer of my car to turn over the title. We all know why that took so long, so I won't go there.

In the meantime, the appraisal has been done on the condo. (It took nine days to get the appraisal back - a process which usually take three, but that's another topic.) Wells Fargo required the appraised value to be a certain dollar figure as a condition of loan approval. The appraisal came in $7,500 lower than the amount Wells Fargo required.

Today, the builder's agent is supposed to go back to the builder to see if they will lower their price. I see no reason why they wouldn't, as we all know this is a tough market. I doubt there are dozens of buyers all queued up and ready to buy this condo, if I back out. But if they don't want to lower the price, the deal is off. If they decide they will lower the price, then I'm supposed to be on a flight from Tampa to Denver on Wednesday, to close this loan.

Did I mention that there is a hurricane headed for Tampa that should arrive on Wednesday?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OhMyLRon, could this get any more difficult? I have no idea how your head has not exploded yet!

Becky